Alternative Finance Sites
Number of Pitches:1
Squareknot was incorporated in September 2012, by Derek Bond, Brian Smillie Snr and Brian Smillie Jnr, and commenced trading in September 2013 after they conducted a comprehensive review of the crowdfunding landscape. The aim of the company, is to provide an industry leading platform for registered investors to make investments in viable investment opportunities. This will be achieved through facilitating the funding of specific projects and business start-ups, the expansion of existing businesses, providing additional working capital funding, or the finance required for acquisition, and at the same time providing exciting and rewarding investment opportunities to individuals or advisors who have cash funds that they are seeking to invest. The company will also assist with the provision of essential management support to businesses to help them grow and prosper, through a panel of independent specialists.
Why invest through Squareknot?
- No joining fees or investment charges
- SIES/EIS tax relief for qualifying equity investments
- Build a portfolio of small investments and spread the risk
- Opportunities to make different types of investment – shares and debt securities
- Earn potentially high returns on investments
- To get a unique reward for your investment
- Support friends and familyentrepreneurs
- Support local businesses
- Support a business that you have a personal interest in
- Enjoy contributing to and being part of asuccessful enterprise
- Each individual investor (other than reward-only investors) must be either a professional or elect to be treated as an elective professional - referred to on this website as an investor
Why raise finance through Squareknot?
- Gain access to a large database ofpotential investors
- Obtain assistance in business planning and valuation to enhance chances of obtaining investment
- Benefit from expertise and experience ofBusiness Angels
- Choice of raising funding throughdifferent types of finance
- No joining fees or investment charges for investors
- Squareknot commission fee only taken when pitch funding is completed
How do they charge?
Please contact us for details
SquareKnot allows investors to lend on a pitch along side an equiy investment. You place a debt funding bid on the pitch that you want to invest in, and select the amount you are prepared to provide and the interest rate at which you are prepared to provide it.
Once the pitch closes, if your bid has been successful then you will hold a debt security instrument that will entitle you to monthly payments at the rate you bid.
There may be a situation where the amount that is accepted is less than the amount you bid. This can happen when the rate you have bid has been undercut by other investors, and the business only requires a portion of your bid in order to reach the funding target.
For more information, please see: How do I provide Debt Funding?
Squareknot is the first crowdfunding company to offer reward, equity and debt funding on the same platform to all UK companies.
SquareKnot on social media:
Log in to comment
We reserve the right to remove comments which are inappropriate and/or offensive.
Comments are not the opinion of businessagent.com